Our nationally accredited swimming instructors teach both kids and adults how to swim safely in a number of environments. We’ll work on a number of strokes as well as key lifesaving skills.
We run swimming lessons for all ages, throughout the week and on weekends.
We are an approved Active Kids provider - redeem your voucher here.
Learning to swim leads to a lifetime of fun in and around the water, whether that is in the pool, at the beach, or at the river. Learn skills for life when you learn to swim at the Y! Progress through our swimming lesson levels as you gain confidence and develop skills.
We also run adult swimming lessons:
- Beginner -This level is designed for people who are totally new to the water and have little to no knowledge of swimming strokes.
- Intermediate -This level is for those who can kick efficiently and generate propulsion with their arms while starting to take breaths to each side.
- Advanced - This level is for those who can swim freestyle and want to improve their efficiency and refine their stroke.
- Contact us for more info. Click here
What to bring and other info:
- Kids under three need to wear a swimming nappy
- Swimming caps and googles are optional
- Parents must remain within the centre during the lesson
- Children under 6 must be within arm’s reach of a parent. Under 10 supervised
- How much do swimming lessons cost?
Learn to Swim Customer Portal
The Learn to Swim Customer Portal allows families to:
- View your child’s skill progression
- Update personal details such as contact information and billing details
- Mark children as absent with as little as 3 hours’ notice prior to your lesson
- Book make-up lessons 2 days in advance (*Direct Debit customers only)
How to videos
For any questions regarding booking via our Learn To Swim Portal, refer to these FAQs.